Conlan Historical Research Services provides genealogical research as well as house histories and subject focused historical research. Research is conducted both online and in record repositories in Connecticut and surrounding states. For all projects, you will receive a report and copies of relevant documents.
With a strong background in archival management and preservation, Moira can also provide archival consulting for small repositories or help you preserve and manage your family papers and photographs. For more information on consulting services, please click here.
Historical Research Services include:
- Custom family research
- Historical research in local repositories
- “Brick Wall” research
- Document retrieval/record look-ups (in online databases or local repositories)
- Historic House research
- Newspaper research
- Gravesite photography and transcription
- Photography of ancestral homes
- Document transcription
- Preservation plan for your family papers
- Don’t see quite what you are looking for? Just ask!
Research projects include:
- Full report on research (including recommendations for next steps)
- Documentation with complete citations, and copies of all records mentioned in the report
- Pedigree chart if appropriate
Standard research fees are $35 per hour plus expenses. Expenses related to your project may include photocopies, admission (if applicable), parking and mileage. Research outside of the New England region at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City or Federal Repositories in DC or St. Louis can be arranged. Please contact me for more information and fees for this service.
I recommend contracting for a set number of hours or a maximum budget at the outset. Non-research projects such as document retrieval or photography are custom priced for each project.
A standard research contract must be signed before the project begins, and a 50% deposit is due at that time.